Thursday, June 19, 2008

7/12/2007 Ive Got Some News!

Ive Got Some News!

Journal Entry: Thu Jul 12, 2007, 8:26 AM
  • Mood: Tired
  • Listening to: Bimbou Wooping
  • Reading: A Deadly Yarn by Maggie Sefton
  • Watching: Cheeky!
  • Playing: Nothing, PC is broke :o(
  • Eating: Nothing
  • Drinking: Water
Im tired!

Been ages since I last posted, but I have a fairly good excuse. Im pregnant!! EEP! We found out for sure around the 7th of June but we had known for a few weeks prior. Shane was in Florida visiting his family when I had my dr appointment to get tested. Mom took me and boy she was so excited! I was nervous, but happy. I peed in a cup and sat in the little office on the table waiting to hear.

My dr (her name is Dr Quinn, how funny is that?) creeped in to the room with a scared look on her face. And she told me, in a very 'im sorry to deliver you bad news' voice"It looks like you are pregnant" WEEE!! I hollered! She looked surprised for a sec and then visibly relaxed and beamed a big smile at me. She told me that she was very, very happy to give me good news. That it wasnt very often that folks were happy to hear they were pregnant. Isnt that sad? We hugged and I was smiling so much my cheeks hurt, lol! We talked for a while and she referred me to a place in Saratoga.

When I left the office to get the addy for them, my Ma spotted me from the waiting room and she made a face at me, like 'well??' I gave her the thumbs up and she just about flew out of her chair and danced over to me. I swear, she was more excited than I was!

But then I started spotting. Not bleeding really, just spotting a little. I made a sort of emergency visit at the place in Saratoga asap. Shane and I went and I got an ultrasound and we got to see our little bean! It was the nicest thing, ever. Especially since Shane was with me. I cant even explain how good it is to know that hes there for me. For us. Anyway, the bean is ok, but part of the placenta has come away from the uterine wall and a blood clot has formed. But all looked well.

I went again for my normal visit and pap and all that. The midwife used this microphone machine thing on my belly to try and find the heart beat. She said that usually you cant hear them so early (8 weeks) but she wanted to try anyway. "Dont be alarmed if we cant hear anything!' But after some searching, there it was! Lub-a-dub-lub-a-dub!! Fast and strong as you could ever want. But she said not sex, no lifting things, nothing that will strain my pelvic muscles. Whoopee!

Then on Saturday (july 7), Shane and I got in to a huuuge fight with Bruce (my step father). Hes a jackass and I hate him. Im off my Cymbalta so Im much more outspoken these days. And Im going to be a Mom and that has changed me. Alot. So I said what I thought and gave him what for like Ive only done once before. That time he hit me and threw me out. This time he got all huffy and told Shane and I to get out. Ha!! I told him to call the cops and get them to make us leave. If you knew him, youd know that he wouldnt call the cops if the house was on fire. Mom was out with Pip so she wasnt here to buffer. I got really upset, shaking and nearly hysterical. I effing hate him (I want to love him, and him me. I could use a father, but he makes that nearly impossible). I started to cramp and feel sick so I layed in bed with Shane for a while, trying to relax. A few hours later I used the bathroom and saw there was fresh blood. Not the old blood Id been spotting. And the drs said if that happened, GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

So thats what we did. After ages and years and a lifetime waiting, I got an IV *cries* and an ultrasound. I was dehydrated and I may have a UTI, but the ultrasound didnt show anything too bad. Im still bleeding from that clot, but the baby is great. So far. He/she was flipping around and moving like crazy. It was creepy! Then on the way home a belt snapped in the car. The two houses we were stuck by were full of folks who sleep like the dead. It was 2am and we have no cell so Shane hiked up the road to see if he could find a phone or someone who was awake. He eventually found a house with lots of dogs and they barked and woke up the house. They were nice and let him use the phone. He called our neighbors and they came right out and got us. We couldnt call home because Bruce does have any of his cars legal and even if he did, he couldnt hear the phone ringing if it was sitting on his head. Thank goodness we have one set of neighbors who are there if we get in a bind!!

Now Im on even more *pelvic rest*, which is pretty much the same thing as bed rest because doing pretty much anything uses your pelvic muscles. So no more wrangling the sheep, no more trimming Loki's feet, no more gardening, no nothing. I cant even go for walks. Im soooo bored and frustrated. And all this sitting around has helped aggravate my sciatic nerve so I hurt almost constantly. And I get these awful stabbing pains in my butt/thigh when I move. Feels almost like the muscle is tearing. It hurts!

But Im getting loads of knitting/crocheting done. Ive finally started a pair of Horcrux socks. But in the fingering weight version. You can get the pattern by joining the Six Sox Knitalong. Im using some fingering weight superwash yarn I bought recently. I dyed it blue and lime. It was supposed to me chartreuse, not lime, but I went a little crazy with the dye amount. Its very pretty though! And much more *witchy* IMHO. Ive only got about 1 1/2 inches done but its striping awesome. Ive lost my knitting calluses :o( and after knitting that much, my poor ring finger on my left hand swelled up where the needle was rubbing on it. That happened before with the first pair of socks I ever made. I have to work through the pain and a nice, tough callus will grow. Heehee!

OK, well, Im getting hungry again. Dang tiny bean eats alot! Oh, I forgot to add that Im due on January 25th. The day before my Dads birthday! We even know the day I got pregnant, Yay for Cinco de Mayo! LOL!

0 comments: